Fastflow Group has made it into the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 for the first time, ranked 177th. Published on 27th September 2020, the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 league table ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales – before the pandemic struck. In June 2019 Fastflow joined forces with United Living, substantially increasing the size and scale of the combined group.
The company provides essential gas, water and multi-utility infrastructure services to blue chip customers across the UK, as well as the development of new homes and planned and responsive property maintenance services for social housing and local authority clients. Chief executive and Chairman Neil Armstrong heads up the enlarged group and oversaw sales of £137.5m in 2019. Revenues this financial year are expected to reach £500m, so the company is hoping to again feature in the Top Track awards. The enlarged group has a secured order book of c£1.2bn and a pipeline of opportunities worth c£3bn.
Neil Armstrong, CEO and Chairman at Fastflow and United Living Group, said,
“I see this accolade as recognition of the strength of our business and our people. We play a crucial role in society, helping our customers create a better future, often for the most vulnerable in our communities. Our role within infrastructure figuratively and literally helps ‘keep the lights on’ and provide clean drinking water to millions of consumers. In short, our work is important, and I am immensely grateful to our people who continue to do their utmost to serve our customers’ energy, water and housing assets with exceptional levels of service, quality and commitment.”
Arif Ahmad, a Private Business Partner at PwC UK, the title sponsor of the league table, said:
“There’s no doubt that 2020 has posed unprecedented challenges. But time and again, we’ve seen business leaders rising to that challenge, adapting their plans and taking the opportunity to innovate. This year, it’s more important than ever to recognise and congratulate the companies featured in the Top Track 250. They are the backbone of the UK economy and it’s our pleasure to work with them, at every stage of their journeys.”
* The Fastflow and United Living Group business is made up of three main pillars – Infrastructure Services, New Homes and Property Services. It operates throughout the UK, improving, managing and delivering a broad range of client assets. This includes:
- The maintenance of thousands of homes across the country
- Providing approximately 1,000 new homes each year, mainly for affordable rent, through registered housing providers and Local Authorities
- Maintaining water networks across Scotland and the North East of England, providing drinking water to almost three million customers
- Specialist diversion, repair and maintenance projects on the UK high pressure gas transmission networks